The GDL Group seeks to be a good corporate citizen in all aspects of its operations and activities. The Group understands that its activities affect the environment and the communities in which we operate.
We believe that we have a responsibility to identify and manage these impacts as effectively as possible. To this end we have brought together a series of operating principles under the broad heading of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to serve as a guide to employees in all aspects of their work for the company.
Efforts are in progress to develop the local community such as investing in the children's future through education and creating community wellbeing by providing jobs, schools, hospitals and ambulances near our facilities.
We are committed to continually improving our environmental performance and moving towards best practices in corporate sustainability.
We are driven to "GO GREEN" and achieve this by
- Timely replacement of handling equipment
- Using alternate sources of energy when possible
- Minimizing number of moves of Reach Stackers and Forklifts within the CFS
- Ensuring tractor trailers are not out-dated
- Reducing the carbon footprint of cargo transported to North India on train as opposed to road
Taking even the smallest of 'green' measures in our daily lives, both personally as well as in the workplace, can add up to make a big difference!